Virtual Office Visits Now Available
Our offices remain open for in-office visits for qualifying patients. The safety and health of our patients, employees and communities is our number one priority. To do our part to keep patients and their families safe, to aid in social distancing and to slow the spread of COVID-19 we now also offer virtual office visits to our patients. It is simple and secure. We participate with your insurance.
No downloading required. All you need is an email and a smart phone, tablet or computer with audiovisual capabilities. If interested please call our offices to schedule an appointment.
With the recent concerns of COVID-19, we want to assure all our patients that we are following all universal precautions.
- All patients are asked screening questions at the time of scheduling their appointment and again upon entering the office. See "PATIENT FORMS" above for screening questions.
- All patients are scheduled additional time to limit and reduce patient to patient interaction in waiting rooms.
- Patients may wait in their car: the office will call them on their cellular phone and they can then proceed directly from their car to our treatment room without needing to wait in the waiting room area.
- All rooms / surfaces are fully wiped down between every single patient with disinfecting wipes (that kills all viruses including the Coronavirus)
- Plastic barrier are used where appropriate.
- All instruments are thoroughly sterilized.
- Our offices are cleaned daily and waiting areas and commonly touched surfaces are constantly wiped down with disinfected wipes.
- Doctors and staff wash their hands between every single patient with antibacterial soap.
- Doctors and staff wear masks while in office and gloves are used while treating patients.
- We request that all patients and visitors wear a face covering while in the office.
All our offices are following all the appropriate guidelines regarding cleanliness and disinfection for entire office and all instruments. We do ask if you, someone in your household are ill to please cancel your appointment and follow your doctor's orders and please keep us updated of any diagnosis you have so we can protect our staff and other patients.
If you or someone in your household have traveled to a location (international or local) in the past 30 days where cases of COVID-19 has a high risk of community transmission, please call us to determine if you should keep your appointment.
Thank you for understanding and in helping us do everything we can to make sure our office is safe for all.
TELEHEALTH: We offer virtual office visits to our patients. It is simple and secure. We participate with your insurance. No downloading required. All you need is an email and a smart phone, tablet or computer with audiovisual capabilities. If interested please call our offices to schedule an appointment.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID‑19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your primary care provider for medical advice.