When a foot or ankle condition begins to disrupt your life or cause considerable pain, it's time to pay a visit to Reston, Manassas & Leesburg Foot and Ankle Centers in Reston, Manassas and Leesburg, VA. The foot and ankle surgeons offer a variety of treatments that will help you get back on your feet.
7 reasons to schedule an appointment with your foot and ankle surgeon
A visit to your Reston, Manassas or Leesburg foot and ankle surgeon may be a good idea if:
- Your Bunions Are Hurting You: Foot and ankle surgeons provide non-surgical and surgical treatments for bunions. When non-surgical options no longer control your symptoms effectively, you may benefit from surgery to remove the bony bump and realign your big toe joint.
- You Have a Hammertoe: Orthotics and exercises may help improve your hammertoe if the tendon is still flexible. If your toe is rigid, your doctor may recommend surgery.
- Heel Pain Keep You From Doing the Things You Enjoy: Your foot and ankle surgeon diagnoses and treats common causes of heel pain, including plantar fasciitis, retrocalcaneal bursitis, heel spurs and Achilles tendonitis.
- Painful Arthritis Affects Your Mobility: Foot and ankle surgeons also offer several treatments for arthritis, including orthotics, braces and corticosteroid injections. If these treatments don't help, surgery to remove loose cartilage and inflamed tissue, replace joints or fuse bones may be helpful.
- You Have an Ingrown Toenail: Your foot and ankle surgeon can quickly free the trapped portion of the nail during a minor, in-office surgical procedure.
- You're Dealing with Diabetic Foot Issues: Your doctor can help you avoid serious health problems if you have diabetes. Let him or her know immediately if you have open sores, an ingrown nail, red streaks on your foot, numbness and tingling, a change in skin color, or pus or redness around a sore.
- You Injured Your Foot and Ankle: Prompt treatment can help you avoid lifelong pain, arthritis or mobility problems after a foot or ankle injury.
Do you struggle with a foot or ankle condition? Schedule an appointment with the foot and ankle surgeons at Reston, Manassas & Leesburg Foot and Ankle Centers by calling (703) 437-6333 for the Reston, VA, office, (703) 368-7166 for the Manassas office, or (703) 777-2101 for the Leesburg office.